Monday, February 4, 2008

Soldier

I read this message on my brothers facebook and I am happy that there are so many out there that are still thinking about our soldiers. If there is anyone out there interested in sending a soldier some thing then go to www.anysoldier.com. As you can read they love getting all kinds of different things !!



God answers prayers. So, a few weeks ago I was really down b/c of the lack of morale in my unit. Things seemed to stress me out a lot easier and I was worried because I hadn't heard from people back home in a while. I kept trying to come up with something to make everything a little easier on everyone, but honestly I came home exhausted most days with nothing to show for my work. Then, one day I decided I would take a chance and sign everyone up on AnySoldier.com to see if we'd get any kind of response. What I didn't anticipate was that we would have a total flood of letters and packages over the past couple of days. People, young and old...couples and single moms...veterans and school children...these people sent letters from all over the country; PA, NC, NY, CA, MD, NJ, TX, and even AR. This was such an answer to prayers...just to know people back home care so much that they wouldn't mind taking a a little time out of their day to write to complete strangers. Most people just wanted us to know that they were praying for us and almost everyone told us how proud they really were of people who served overseas because they volunteered. A 10 year old boy that's never even met a single one of us wrote that he wanted to grow up to be a solider just like us. Doesn't that just break your heart? Grandmothers asked what kind of cookies we liked, couples sent pictures from their most recent vacations and everyone was super excited when we got boxes and boxes of junk food to make us fat. It was just so great to see that life still continues outside of the little bubble that is my trailer in Baghdad. No matter what I've been going through recently, whether personally or work related...God always provides. Today I was reminded of how often I doubt and lack faith when things are difficult...and once again, God presented me with a moment of humility. I just thought that was cool and I wanted to share it with you guys! Hopefully things are going well with everyone back home and thank you so much for all of your support!

No comments: